Job Description – Assistant Store Manager
(Reports to Store Manager)
I. Statement of the Job:
Under the direction or in the absence of the store manager, the assistant
manager is responsible to carry out the duties of the store manager. The assistant manager is responsible for
store appearance and store operation that reflect company standards and
image. In addition to being responsible
for store appearance and operations, the assistant manager is responsible for
presenting the Git ‘
II. The Following Duties and Responsibilities are required in the manager’s absence or upon the Manager’s direction:
A. Employee Relations:
1. Processes required employee information and paperwork on a daily basis.
2. Proper work scheduling and use of allocated hours when required.
3. Supervises employees in a fair, consistent and impartial way in accordance with E.E.O. guidelines.
4. Ensures compliance with company dress codes in areas of personal appearance, cleanliness, and uniforms for themselves and store
5. Promotes teamwork between store employees, supervision and staff.
6. Delegates tasks to responsible personnel.
7. Conducts themselves in a professional manner, speaking highly of the company in the presence of other employees, vendors, and customers.
1. Be available for “on call” and have direct access to a telephone at all times.
2. Relays information from manager or supervisor to all store employees.
3. Advises manager or supervisor of significant events affecting the store and documents events by completing and filing incident reports.
4. Keeps all store information confidential.
1. Operates the cash register accurately and according to company policy.
2. Prepares and/or assures that bank deposits are made according to company policy.
3. Prepares and/or assures that all accounting records are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
4. Controls company funds:
e. Money Orders
f. Lottery Tickets
g. Tank Inventories.
1. Orders merchandise and maintains proper gross profits
2. Checks competition prices
3. Maintains build to sheets
4. Ensures that correct pricing is maintained and that merchandise is rotated, clean and in date code.
5. Is aware of and assists with all promotions according to the marketing planner, displaying advertising material, window banners and displays
on a timely basis.
6. If applicable, understands pizza and/or fast food operations.
E. Customer Relations:
1. Assures that each customer receives prompt and courteous service
2. Handles customer complaints in a professional and helpful manner.
3. Uses suggestive selling to improve sales.
F. Store Conditions:
2. Ensures that each shift maintains store cleanliness and that equipment maintenance meets company standards.
1. Follows company policies to ensure against loss of money or merchandise.
2. Maintains control to ensure proper use of all store keys, safe combinations and equipment passwords.
3. Changes the videotape daily (in the manager’s absence) upon reporting to work and clocking in.
H. Physical Requirements:
1. Must be able to stand during shift, to bend, stoop, squat, and twist.
2. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. when moving merchandise, such as fountain syrup, CO2 tanks, or when emptying trash containers.
3. Must be able to climb a ladder to change light bulbs and gas price signs.
1. Normal workweek consists of a minimum of 30 hours but must be available for on-call duty in the event of an emergency.
2. Assistant Managers will be scheduled so that they are aware of conditions occurring on all shifts.
3. Assistant Managers will work a shift other than when the manager is scheduled. Exceptions to this could be for shifts where a grocery truck
delivery is being made or for training a new employee.
J. Government Regulations:
Assures understanding and compliance of all store employees of Federal, State, and Local Regulations.
III. The Requirements for the Job are: (Note: These factors constitute “essential function” of the job.)
A. Be able to read, understand, and write the English language at the eighth-grade level;
B. Be able to perform arithmetical calculations at the eighth-grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for
numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in;
C. Have sufficient visual ability to check identification and process money orders;
D. Be able to read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment;
E. Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, beer and juice containers, etc. at least once per shift;
F. Be able to stock shelves and coolers;
G. Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 10-20 pounds and moving it to the fire area;
H. Be able to bend in order to pull up a metal plate weighing 20 pounds;
J. Be able to climb a ladder to clean windows, change gas prices, and to change light bulbs;
K. Be able to speak and understand English, including the ability to hear the spoken word;
L. Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin;
M. Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the convenience store;
N. Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 35 to 45 degrees up to 30 to 60 minutes at a time;
O. Be able to stand during shift, to bend, stretch, and squat;
P. Be 21 years of age or older when working in a store which holds a liquor license.
The list of Requirements,
Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate
list for the current job. Management
reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other
tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example,
emergencies, and changes in personnel, workload or technical development). All employees of Git ‘N